October 11, 2011

Squares Sensory Bin.

We are talking about squares this week, so I made a sensory bin full of foam squares. The base is dry black beans and great northern beans. It's pretty simple--just a few scoops, tongs, and a bucket, but Red had a great time.


He enjoyed digging in the beans.


And did a little scooping.


He liked to let the beans slowly drop from his hand into the bin.


And they made a fun noise when dropped into the metal bucket.


This bin was easy to throw together, and I plan on re-using the beans as a Halloween bin next week!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I just found your blog and I love it! I've been wanting to impliment more structured time into my 16 month old's daily schedule and you have lots of great ideas! I want to do a sensory box, too, I've just been worried because she still is putting everything in her mouth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to watch mine really closely while doing anything with small pieces. He will still sometimes put things in his mouth, but our bigger problem is throwing things--like handfuls of beans...

    ReplyDelete