October 2, 2011

Tot School - 16 months.


-Red is currently 16 months old.-
 

This week we talked a lot about apples and the color red. I forgot to get a picture of the shelves, but here's what was on them:

 A basket of cutting fruit.


His Fisher Price piggy bank.


A puzzle.


Straws to stick in a dishwasher basket.


 Pom poms to put into an empty egg carton.


And squares to put into a container with a square hole in the top.


I also made him a red basket full of different household items.


And we explored our nature basket a little more.


We read the book Ten Apples Up on Top by Dr. Seuss.


We played with red play-doh.


And we even ate a red meal.





 It was a great week! See separate posts for some of our art projects.
Linking up with 1+1+1=1.

4 comments:

  1. I just love that red hair! It runs in my family but none of my littles got red hair. But I love their blonde heads, too. :) That Fisher Price piggy bank has gotten a lot of play through all three of my kiddos. Did you know you can also use jar lids with it? And then you can draw or paste pictures of whatever you want in the jar lids. Just something we've done to breathe new life into the pig. Visiting from 1+1+1=1!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea! I'll definitely have to try it. Just need to save up some jar lids...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi- I think this is my first time visiting. I jumped over from 1+1+1=1! My tot is a bit older than yours but my younger bub is 9 months so I guess your LO is halfway between my two boys!

    Love the red sensory bin with household objects and also your nature basket. I need to make up a nature basket for both my boys- does your son still mouth objects? I would have this issue with my younger son.

    I planned to do an autumn sensory bin for next week maybe but if I do put leaves etc in then I think my younger boy will just eat them :S

    I can`t see the hole in the activity with the squares but {and I havent done it myself yet} I saw something similar done with pretend tupperware with circles and it was cut up hose {In Japan where I live they have free play centers that have volunteers- they are govt run and surprisingly a lot of the toys games on offer are handmade or wooden which is GREAT!} and also plastic chains which BOTH my kids seem to love.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He does still occasionally mouth things, so I have to keep a sharp eye on him. The acorns were the worst... I keep the basket on a tall shelf when we aren't using it, so I'm always around to supervise.

    Half the fun of the nature basket is in collecting the items. I bet your boys would love it!

    ReplyDelete