November 17, 2011

Homemade Gak.

Red and I made a little homemade Gak today. I saw the idea here at Simply Alicia. The recipe is equal parts glue and liquid starch with a little bit of food coloring. It turned out really awesomely icky, but unfortunately, my little boy does not care for icky/gooey things. He was willing to push some washers into it with one finger, but that was about the extent of his willingness to play with it. 


I went ahead and played with it myself, making sure to play it up and have tons of fun, just so he would see that it wasn't so bad. I have hope that the more opportunities I give him to get messy, and the more I model this type of play, he will eventually join me. So it wasn't a total waste, and I plan on using the Gak inside some sensory balloons I'm going to make in a couple weeks. 


1 comment:

  1. My son is very similar in not wanting to touch that kind of thing! He will sometimes do it if he sees big sister doing it but even then, he isn't happy about it!!

    ReplyDelete