April 4, 2012

Tape Resist Cross.


We did a little symbolic painting today. I saw the idea for this here at Sun Hats & Wellie Boots. It makes such a simple, yet striking image. I started off by making a cross out of painter's tape.



Then I gave Red some warm paint colors to finger paint with. He was very intrigued.



One sheet of paper is never enough when it comes to finger painting, so I got him some cool paint colors to make a contrasting one.



He discovered that if he claps his hands while they are covered in paint, it sprays everywhere. Not cool.



I tried to peel the tape off too early, and they ripped a little. I recommend using heavy-duty paper or letting them dry completely before removing the tape. They still made for a striking image, though.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment