September 19, 2012

Billy Goats Gruff Small World


We’ve been reading The Three Billy Goats Gruff this week, and Red loves the story. After pinning this post on Pinterest, I thought I’d try my take on a small world for this story. I went very simple, using items we had at the house.

I used a shoebox and covered it with green and blue construction paper to make it look like a meadow with a river. Then I grabbed some of our foam blocks to make a bridge. After that, it was just a matter of rounding up some goats and finding a troll (I have no idea what that creature I used is or where it came from :).

We have enjoyed reading through the story and acting out the parts. Here he is walking the goats across the bridge:



And the troll appears to be doing something destructively trollish in this one:



Red really enjoyed moving the pieces along with the story. We’ll have to do these book extensions more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment